What you need to know before, during and after your treatment
Before your treatment
- To prepare for your treatment, it's a good idea to eat something, preferably nutritious.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that can be rolled up above the knees and elbows.
- Come in 15 minutes before your first session to complete your intake paperwork.
- Feel free to ask your acupuncturist any questions you may have before your treatment - and anytime during the treatment.
During your treatment
- To help you budget your time, for your initial acupuncture session you can expect to be at Healing Foundations for up to 90 minutes to include the intake process.
- Follow up acupuncture treatments are 45-60 minutes.
- Acupuncture treatments may include modalities such as electrical stimulation, cupping or gua sha.
- Herbal and Chinese nutritional counseling can be done in conjunction with your treatments or as separate sessions.
After your treatment
- Please follow through with your treatment plan.
- To maximize benefits and promote healing, be consistent with your appointments.
- Frequency of treatments depends not only on the length and severity of the condition but also on how you respond to the treatment.